A Welcoming Community for Women Sharing the Same Interests
AAUW Redding Branch, Inc. caters to the various interests of our members. To ensure that they have a community of people or a place where they can nurture their skills, we formed groups such as:
DAYTIME BOOK GROUP
- Do you love to read and share your thoughts and insights about what you have read?
- Our book sections meet monthly on the third Tuesday afternoon.
- One of us leads the afternoon section discussion at a member's home with beverages and a snack provided each month.
- We have chosen an intriguing selection of book including nonfiction, a classic, and a myriad of different genres of fiction. We'd love for you to join us!
ROUND ROBIN BOOK GROUP
- Members read recently published best sellers, hardback, both Fiction and Non-Fiction.
- Books are chosen in July from a ballot composed of suggestions from other members.
- $20 a year is the total cost. A best seller for $2 a month!
- Members receive a new book the 1st of each month, beginning in September. This book is rotated to the next person on your group list at the end of the month.
- Members do not meet monthly to discuss the books.
- New members are welcome. However, interest must be determined by July 1 so they can be included in a rotation list of participating members.
Our Monthly Newsletter
Our newsletter is published September through June. It includes information about upcoming events, our monthly Branch Meeting, and items of interest to our group.
Our Board Meetings
Branch Leaders which include Elected Board Members, Appointed Board Members, Interest Group Chairs, and Community Outreach Chairs usually meet the 4th Monday at 5:30 P.M. We’ll keep you posted about the meeting date and location.
Interested in Joining Our Groups?
If you would like to find out more about what we offer, contact us today. We’ll gladly talk about what we have in store for you!