A Welcoming Community for Women Sharing the Same Interests
AAUW Redding Branch, Inc. caters to the various interests of our members. To ensure that they have a community of people or a place where they can nurture their skills, we formed groups such as:
DAYTIME AND EVENING BOOK GROUPS
- Do you love to read and share your thoughts and insights about what you have read?
- Our book sections meet monthly on the third Tuesday afternoon and the third Wednesday evening of each month from September through May.
- One of us leads the afternoon section discussion at a member's home with beverages and a snack provided each month.
- Evenings will be Zoom next year pending how many people are interested in participating.
- We have chosen an intriguing selection of book including nonfiction, a classic, and a myriad of different genres of fiction. We'd love for you to join us!
ROUND ROBIN BOOK GROUP
- Members read recently published best sellers, hardback, both Fiction and Non-Fiction.
- Books are chosen in July from a ballot composed of suggestions from other members.
- $20 a year is the total cost. A best seller for $2 a month!
- Members receive a new book the 1st of each month, beginning in September. This book is rotated to the next person on your group list at the end of the month.
- Members do not meet monthly to discuss the books.
- New members are welcome. However, interest must be determined by July 1 so they can be included in a rotation list of participating members.
Our Board Meetings
Board members of the interest groups will have their meetings at the Redding Library Foundation Room, 5:00 P.M. We’ll keep you posted about the meeting date.
Interested in Joining Our Groups?
If you would like to find out more about what we offer, contact us today. We’ll gladly talk about what we have in store for you!